Missio Dei in Corrections
Missio Dei Corrections(MDC), the official journal of the Correctional Ministries and Chaplains Association, readers include chaplains, volunteers, correctional ministry and reentry specialists, denominational leaders, pastors and others interested in learning more about Christian correctional ministry.
- From the Editor
- Theme Article - Theological Perspective. (1000 words)
- Theme Article - Practical Perspective. (1000 words)
- President's Message
- Executive Director's Message
- Ministry Spotlight
- Personal Testimony (Inspirational story 200-500 words of prisoners and former prisoners around the world who are living out their faith.)
- Message from the Inside
- Feature Columns: Disciple Talk, Soul Care and Prayer Closet
- Upcoming Issue
- Chaplain’s Corner. (Identify an issue and offer a solution that you have used that works, 750-1000 words)
- Theme Articles. Two themed articles. (1000-1500 words).
- Feature Articles. Two feature articles. (500-1000 words - examples of how the theme is being practiced)
Please read the article submission guidelines before submitting your article.
Please read the information below carefully before submitting your article.
MDC accepts articles on current correctional ministry topics. Articles are to reflect issues relevant to living the great commandment (loving God and others) and fulfilling the great commission (sharing the Gospel and nurturing obedience), including the challenges and opportunities of correctional ministry, trends, and changes in corrections, chaplaincy, and reentry. Opinions and editorials on topics related to correctional ministry, chaplaincy, and reentry are welcome. MDC is a hybrid journal of academic and professional practice. Submitted articles should be of practical value, offering readers insight into cultures or issues of relevancy in Christian correctional ministry today. Creativity in writing and presentation of information is welcome. We recognize no one person can fulfill the Great Commission, and are therefore grateful to present ideas and information from various vantage points so that we might learn together how to more strategically and thoughtfully engage in sharing Jesus Christ through correctional ministry.
- 2014 CMCA Themes >>
- Submission of an article does not guarantee acceptance of the article for publishing in MDC.
- Submitted articles should be between 800 and 2,000 words and follow the Turabian reference format.
- More than 25 words quote, must get permission from publisher (author must pay fees if required)
- Permission to use any sources cited in the body of the article or any contributing sources is the responsibility of the author and should be referenced at the end of the article.
- For security reasons, because of the "open" nature of the Internet and email, before any content is sent to MDC please be sure any information (names, locations, other specifics) that should not be broadly distributed or posted on the Internet is removed.
- Photos, images, tables, and graphs that support the content of the article are also welcome. By sending MDC the photos, images, tables, and graphs, the author is indicating that they have the permission to use them and are granting the same use permission to MDC.
- Include with the article submission a short bio of forty words or less and, if possible, an electronic photo to use with the bio.
- All articles, stories, and supporting content must be submitted electronically, via email to the editor.
- MDC reserves the right to edit or reject submitted content.
- Submitted content will not be returned.
- If you have questions about an article or story that you would like to submit, or to submit an article or story, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no pay for submission.
- A coding number for each manuscript will be used for reviewing process.
- Thank you again for your interest!
Updated January 9, 2013
Download the Online Journal Submission Guidelines