Missio Dei Corrections
CMCA Journal exists to encourage and equip CMCA members as they fulfill the great commission in correctional ministry.
Volume 2 / Issue 2
May, June, July, August 2013
REENTRY AND BEYOND
Carmen Warner-Robbins MSN, M.Div,
Blessings to each one of you in the precious name of Jesus.
Many of you may have participated in the recent “Serving Together” Summit at Wheaton College. How amazing it was to witness our Lord beginning to knit us together as a special family for greater things yet to come. Each issue of the journal will strengthen our bond of connectiveness and our commitment of Serving Together.
The theme for this issue of Missio Dei Corrections is Reentry and Beyond, grounded in Romans 8:31-39. As you read this scripture and the articles that are published in the issue, you will undoubtedly agree that Paul’s letter to us richly demonstrates that because our Lord is love, nothing will keep His love from filling, healing, and blessing us.
Jesus has led many of those who are lost and broken into our ministries. We are to welcome them with the truth that nothing we do would ever make Jesus love us less, in fact nothing could ever separate us from the abundant love of our Lord.
Our Lord also tells us that He is always present to listen, to heal, and to restore the least, the last and the lost. As we read, receive and rejoice in each article, may we be blessed to be a blessing as Serving Together we walk through Reentry and Beyond.
Editor in Chief:
Chaplain, Correctional Officer:
Chief Chaplain for Bureau of Prisons:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Answered Prayer By Karen Swanson - ANSWERED PRAYER Our executive team has so much to be thankful for. God has answered our prayers above and beyond our imagination just as He promises in Ephesians ...
- Planning To Be A Conqueror By Michael Reighard - “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” Romans 8:37 Paul precedes this verse by presenting several questions of whether anything ...
- Disciple Talk By Michael R. Smith Sr. - THE COLUMN’S PURPOSE The Disciple Talk column is committed to promoting a biblical conversation about ways the Great Commission is being fulfilled in the jail and ...
- UP COMING ISSUE Having just completed Issue #2 of Volume #2, we are now inviting authors to participate in our upcoming issue. The title of Vol 2 Issue 3 is From Egypt to ...
- Neither Condemnation Nor Separation By Joy Stevens - Thousands of men, women, and juveniles across the United States have entered into the correctional system following an arrest, trial, and conviction. Those found guilty have become ...
- Reentry into Grace: Building Environments of Radical Inclusion By Mark Vander Meer - THE DOOR OPENS Robert came out of prison in Jackson and paroled to Grand Rapids, Michigan. Three days after he arrived in Grand Rapids, he came through the ...
- Re-entry and Beyond By Jerry Blassingame - LOVE COVERS ALL What does successful reentry look like? I am often asked about the success rate of Soteria House. So often we base our success on what ...
- Personal Testimony: More Than Conquerors By Jonathan Dean - What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own ...
- All We Need is Love By Karen Swanson - Maybe you are familiar with the lyrics from the Beatles song, “All you need is love, love, love is all you need.” They understood that one of ...
- A Personal Journey Through Romans 8:31-39 By Carmen Warner-Robbins - It is the day before his release; an elderly man, having been incarcerated for over 40 years sits in his cell trembling, fear ridden, alone. Tears stream ...