Summit 2019 General Information
CMCA invites you to celebrate our Annual Correctional Ministry Summit that will be held in Wheaton, IL. CMCA annually hosts a Correctional Ministry Summit that offers training, inspiration, resources and networking opportunities to those working with the incarcerated, formerly incarcerated, victims, and their families.
Correctional Ministry Summit
Friday-Saturday, May 17-18, 2019
Billy Graham Center, Wheaton College
CMCA remains constant in our vision and purpose of the Summit and we pray that each year offers a new and fresh perspective for our attendees and builds them up in their work to fulfill the Great Commission in Corrections.
We are pleased to have the Institute for Prison Ministries and Billy Graham Center/Wheaton College as our local hosts this year. Wheaton is located 30 miles west of Chicago, IL.
Electronic Save the Date Card
Be a Summit Sponsor
Meet CMCA 2019 Summit Speakers
CMCA 2019 Summit
The conference begins with two opportunities for education/training:
- Policy Forum on Bail Reform from 10:00am-Noon on Friday May 17, 2019. Heather Rice-Minus will provide the keynote address, with a panel of experts (no additional fee).
- Scripture Engagement training from 9:00am-Noon on Friday, led by Phil Collins, Executive Director of the Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement (material fee $5).
Since these two events occur at the same time, you may attend either. There is no registration or fee necessary to attend the Bail Reform panel, however, you must register for Scripture Engagement training with a cost of $5 for materials.
Registration is on-line at www.cmcainternational.org
Summit Registration Rates: Early Bird (through February 2019)
CMCA Members $150.00
After February 28
CMCA Members $175.00
Your registration fee includes:
4 Informative Workshop Sessions, 3 Inspiring Plenary Sessions, 3 meals (excellent for networking), 1 policy panel or Scripture Engagement training ($5 material fee).
Choose from over 30 workshops led by experienced professionals with the goal to train and equip participants for further ministry. Workshop categories: Chaplains, Jail/Prison Ministry, Reentry, Church Leaders, Juveniles.
New this year: Advanced workshops and “How to start a 501c3”.
Sheraton Hotel in Lisle, IL. The rate is $109 and includes breakfast (rate is guaranteed through 4/26/18). The hotel reservation link will open before November 10, 2018.
For those arriving early, we have some optional activities on Thursday, May 16 (some require registration):
- Visit Billy Graham Museum and/or Wade Center (CS Lewis, JRR Tolkien collections)
- Visit Underground Railroad site and Wrestle On Jacob art exhibit, Blanchard Hall (self-guided)
- Billy Graham Walking Tour 1:30 pm (registration required but no fee)
- Gino’s East pizza event (registration required, registration will open Jan 2019)
- Cookie reception, Sheraton in Lisle 7:30-9:00 pm