CMCA Correctional Ministry Summit Workshop Proposal Information and Form
What is CMCA?
CMCA (Correctional Ministries and Chaplains Association) is a professional association, founded in May 2011, through which Christians can celebrate their faith and passion for correctional ministry with other individuals, organizations, and churches; develop professionally through online resources, trainings, and certifications; and be inspired through networking, and conferences. Learn more about CMCA at www.cmcainternational.org
Mission and Vision
The mission of CMCA is to connect, encourage, equip, and strengthen Christians as they fulfill the Great Commission in corrections. The vision of CMCA is for Christians to work together in correctional ministry to advance Christ’s kingdom and enhance public safety.
As we work to fulfill the Great Commission in corrections, we are committed to:
- Proclaiming Christ
- Making disciples
- Praying for one another
- Collaborating with others
- Loving all people and celebrating diversity
- Providing holistic care
- Equip attendees to more effectively serve the incarcerated, formerly incarcerated, victims, and their families through specialized workshops, and resources.
- Facilitate collaboration among individuals and organizations through networking.
- Encourage those serving in correctional ministries to be faithful to God’s calling.
- Correctional ministry leaders
- Reentry specialists
- Church leaders
- Corrections administrators and staff
- Community agency workers
- Formerly incarcerated
- Families of the incarcerated and formerly incarcerated
Workshop Presenter must be a CMCA member. If you are not a CMCA member, you may join here. If selected, presenters must register for the Summit. Each presenter and one co-presenter, of the selected workshops will be given a discounted registration rate of $100 per person. All presenters are responsible for their travel expenses.
Time: Each workshop is 90 minutes, which should include time for question/answer.
Workshop Selection Criteria
A committee selects the workshops using the following criteria:
- Topic is relevant and has clear description and outcomes.
- Presenter’s experience, education, and credentials.
- Workshop is consistent with CMCA mission, vision, and core beliefs.
- November 1, 2023: Workshop proposals must be received for consideration.
- December 11, 2023: All applicants will be notified.
- March 1, 2024: Selected workshop presenters must register for the Summit.
- April 1- May 2, 2024: Schedule video recording of workshop and submit powerpoint. CMCA will assist and schedule zoom recording times.
Please submit your workshop proposal below: