- Volunteer Handbook: Successful Strategies for Recruiting, Training, and Utilizing Volunteers This handbook, created by SAMSHA includes chapters on planning, recruiting, training, managing and evaluating volunteers.
- Going Pro: Making the Case for Professional Chaplains
- Religion in Prison: A 50 State Survey of Prison Chaplains
- Religious Land Use & Institutionalized Persons Act
- Chaplains Free And Donated Resources For Prison
- Addressing Vicarious Trauma for the Individual
Merely understanding the concept of trauma-informed programming is not enough; this understanding must be integrated effectively into all levels of programming. In this session, providers will hear from survivors and learn about effective tools and processes to help them apply trauma-informed theories to day-to-day practice.
The incarcerated experience a tremendous amount of loss and often the loss of a loved one. Some resources to equip and encourage you as you provide pastoral care are listed below.
GriefShare is a grief recovery support group where you can find help and healing for the hurt of losing a loved one.
Pastoral Care and Counseling in Prison: What Works? By Chaplain Emily R. Brault
This paper explores the unique context of pastoral care and counseling in prison. Chaplain Brault identifies ways in which chaplains can effectively integrate spirituality and treatment toward positive ends.